23.6.13

Playing with Wool

Last Sunday we had a pyjama day.  All day.  
Sadly, all day pyjama days are an extremely rare occurrence in our house and we relish them.  Goose was wanting to 'craft' so I showed her the pinterest board where I'd been collecting ideas for the next 'rainy/pyjama day'.


It's nice having a nine year old as she can get on and do things all by herself without me having to supervise.


To make these yarn wrapped vases, you use a paint brush to cover a jar or bottle with pva glue and, starting at the bottom, slowly wrap the wool around jar.  As you can probably tell from the photos, by the time she did the white one she had started to lose her patience a little....


 She originally wanted to make a pen-pot but they ended up as vases.



This shot makes me smile.  Styling the shot.  She didn't like the way that I did it apparently and, as it was her art, she wanted to make sure that it was displayed correctly. ;)  All shots in this post are styled by her.  She popped the flowers in and sprinkled rose petals and placed everything just so.  xo


Love that girl.  I love how she inspires me to be creative.


Granny taught her to knit a few years ago and she loves it.  
She is currently knitting a bright pink scarf.



Ojo De Dios (also known as God's eyes).  One of Goose's school friends taught her and they were quite the craze at school for a while, and she made many!  
You can find a tutorial here.


For more wool crafts that are simple enough for kids to make, you might enjoy:

- finger knitted scarf (& finger knitting tutorial)


7 comments:

Brenda @ Mira Narnie said...

oh Em! I used to make these wool covered jars as a child...it;s wonderful watching your children's independence grow and develop and choose their own creative path...your daughter sure does have a natural creative talent xx

Megan said...

What a clever little style queen she is! Love the colours she chose. And I agree, how inspiring to get your own craft on :)

Maxabella said...

Do you know we have never once had a pyjama day? What's wrong with me!?!?!? x

Bron said...

Clever girl...nice to see her take ownership of her craft....would love a PJ day in this house some time soon. xx

Kate Gribble said...

We love pj days too... although ours aren't so rare haha - one of the benefits of having littles with no place in particular to be :)

I love creating with Jack and Sarah. Jack is showing more and more signs of being able to create independently but how wonderful to be at the age to work unsupervised :) And she did do a most wonderful job.

ally said...

Oh I love her style!!
9 is so good for that little bit of independence
I remember loving Gods eyes - we might try that here next rainy day
x

Kym Piez said...

I love pajama days! And crafts. The perfect day, I think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails